Samantha Womack: EastEnders star reveals her breast cancer was found during ‘random check’


EastEnders star Samantha Womack revealed that her breast cancer was found during a "random check" while giving fans an update on her diagnosis.

The 50-year-old appeared on Tuesday on This Morning alongside hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, where she said the disease "attacked her femininity." Womack announced his cancer diagnosis.

Speaking about her diagnosis of her, the actress told Willoughby and Schofield that she didn't find a lump when she was diagnosed four months ago, saying her cancer was discovered in a random check. He shared: "It was really incredible because I didn't find a lump, I didn't feel bad.

Describing itself as "very lucky", Womack revealed that the swelling was less than 2 cm and could undergo a lumpectomy to remove the fabric and five lymph nodes. She went on to describe how breast cancer as a disease attacks her identity as a woman.

“Many women should check themselves in their thirties. This is also an important message to be published and reviewed. " 

The actress also described the fight against cancer as "frightening," but she praised the treatments now available to cure the disease. Womack, who announced her diagnosis on social media by posting a photo of Olivia Newton John after her death, explained why she disclosed the news that way.

She explained: "I've always been in a pretty precarious relationship with what you share on social media, but I've also challenged myself, thinking, 'I'm doing this because I want me to like it or I'm doing it because there's a genuine intention behind it. its? ' 

"So at first I was like, 'I don't know if that's the right thing to do,' and then Lily, my daughter was in the kitchen with Ollie [Samantha's partner] cooking  “He just read it in the kitchen and I had been with Olivia, just for dinner after a show I had done, I played Sandy in Grease.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post