Meghan: I have ‘zero interest’ in reclaiming the ‘B-word’


The Duchess of Sussex said she had "zero interest" in claiming the "B word" as she avoided saying it aloud in its entirety in a podcast devoted to exploring the term.

Meghan, in her latest Archetypes episode called To 'B' or not to 'B' ?, ​​discussed the origin of the word "bitch" and its "hard cousin" and how the terms are often used to qualify. in a derogatory way to the fort. women. The former actress confessed to "hating the word so much" and hearing it makes her "hives" and decided not to say it, instead using the "B word" and writing B-I-T-C-H only once, during the one-hour recording.

Is really a code word for the B word." . Megan said. Writer and comedian Robin Thede, who adopted the term, told Meghan, "I love the fact that women have used this phrase bad bitch as a positive ... It's like, you know, it sounds incredible." But Meghan added after listening to the sketches using the word loosely: "I mean for a person who hates the word so much. This is giving me hives. “However, I will say that I find everything Robin says very interesting because, as you may have guessed, I have no interest in claiming this term.

“But these women I respect, whose work I love, many of them are completely at ease. They want to do it to take away its power ”. 

When Meghan referred to zoologist Lucy Cooke Bitch's book: A Revolutionary Guide To Sex, Evolution And The Female Animal, she commented as she read the title: “I won't say the first word. He'll call it the B word. " 

She also revealed that a friend of hers told her that her goal was not for everyone to "like you", but for them to respect you. "As a woman, my friend told me, at some point you accept the fact that not everyone will like you," said the Duchess.

“The goal cannot be to please everyone. But the goal could be to get you respected. " 

Meghan described herself as a "word nerd" and said her favorite TV series as a child was the American quiz game Jeopardy! 

She said she even received condolences from her friends of hers when former host Alex Trebek died in 2020 even though she didn't know him.

“I didn't know, but everyone who knew me knew how significant the danger was! and your guest was like a daily part of my life.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post